Consequences & Penalties of a NJ DWI and DUI Conviction
H. Scott Aalsberg, Esq., P.C. NJ DWI & DUI Defense Lawyers
Call 24/7 1-800-9-RIGHTS
NJ DWI Penalties Most People Don't Know:
Charged with DWI or DUI in NJ you will be subject to the
following 11 penalties: (No Exceptions) Call us for a free consultation
at 1-800-974-4487 to find out how we can help you eliminate these!
1. You will Face a minimum of up to 30 days in jail for even the lowest level DWI
2. Loss of your right to drive for a minimum of 3 months
3. Your DWI or DUI will have a permanent record on your drivers license which can never be
expunged or deleted. This may prevent you from finding employment, seeking financial aid,
buying a house, or renting an apartment.
4. You will have to pay Fines, Surcharges and Court Costs which can range from a minimum
of $3,500.00 to $4,500.00.
5. If you are lucky and get only Probation instead of jail or in addition to jail, you will have to
submit to random drug and urine testing and pay a fee to the probation department. If you
violate Probation such as stay out later than your allowed, travel outside a designated area,
leave the state or country you will generally go immediately to jail.
6. In indictable DWI/DUI matters (4th degree or higher), you will be required to provide a
DNA sample, which could be used by law enforcement for the investigation of criminal
activity, and pay for the cost of testing.
7. You must pay restitution if the court finds a victim who has suffered a loss. (example: if
you were in an accident in NJ and get convicted of a DWI you will have to pay the victim for
the damages to his car or property)
8. If you are a public employee of a government agency, school teacher or an office holder,
you can may be required to forfeit your job, pension or office by virtue of your plea of guilty.
9. You may be required to do Community Service. (2nd DWI / DUI Mandatory)
10. Increased costs for homeowners, apartment, life insurance and car insurance due to the
fact that you are considered a "poor moral hazard." The increased cost in insurance alone
over the next 3 years can in most cases easily pay for the cost of representation thus, we
can save you even more money than what our fee will cost you today.
11. You may be barred entry to several countries including but not limited to Canada,
Mexico, Australia and Japan and you most rental car companies will not rent a car to a
person convicted of a DWI or DUI charge.
|Helping DWI Clients Get
Verdicts For 25 Years
|H. Scott Aalsberg, Esq., P.C.
Attorneys at Law
1028 Route #23 North, Wayne, N.J. 07470
39 Milltown Road, 2nd Floor, East Brunswick, N.J. 08816
1-800-9-RIGHTS or (732) 257-5040
www.GetNotGuilty.com "When Only Winning Counts"
For the past 25 years we have helped thousands charged with DWI or DUI's in New Jersey
reduce, avoid or eliminate these DWI penalties. Let us help you. Preparing the best and proper
defense for your DWI case takes time. Just as if you had cancer you wouldn't wait until the
cancer is terminal to get medical attention, nor should you wait to hire a lawyer to represent you
for your DWI/DUI charge. Everyday you wait the harder and less likely it will be to get a
successful result. Protect your rights now, call our office and set up a free in office consultation,
the Call is free the advice is priceless.
Our Name tells it all: www.Get Not Guilty.com
When Only The Best DWI Defense Will Do!
Copyright 2018 NJ DWI Lawyer HSA
|The Most Important Penalty for a DWI in NJ - If you lose you cannot later win!
If you lose your NJ DWI at trial your chances of winning your DWI on appeal are almost nil. Hundreds of appeals are
filed each year for DWI Convictions in NJ. Only a handful if any in a given year are won. Even if you win the appeal
the trial judge cannot stay your jail sentence or license suspension during the appeal process unless the judge finds
that you have a reasonable prospect of winning. (State vs. Robertson) If this was the case the judge probably would
have never convicted you to begin with. Thus, if you wish to win your DWI you must get the best DWI Lawyer as you
your license suspension or even jail time may be already served before your appeal is even considered.